Thanks for considering the MBSportsWeb platform for your association. This site will allow you to fully evaluate all the features to ensure they are a great fit for your association's needs. During your evaluation, try to use as much "real" information as possible since this site will become your new site if you choose to go with MBSportsWeb. Continue reading for more getting started information.
In order to access the administrative areas of the site you'll need a username & password. If you've already received one - great; click the login link at the top of the page to get started. If not, please contact [email protected]
and we'll get you set up.
After logging in you should see a link at the top of the page called Control Panel. Click that to go into the Control Panel, which is the name of the administrative area where information / content is added, updated, or deleted from the site.
The Control Panel contains a few different "modules", and usually during the evaluation users are setup as Global Administrators with access to everything. The modules will appear in the bottom-left of the Control Panel and include:
We also have optional add-on modules for hosting tournaments and scheduling game officials. If these modules are enabled for the evaluation then they will also appear in the list of modules in the bottom-left of the Control Panel.
- System Administration - The main setup area where the season & teams are managed, as well as users, email settings, and various configuration options.
- Scheduling Module - Once the teams are created, this is where the tryouts, practices, games, etc are all setup; and also where venues are managed and scheduling reports are generated.
- Registration Module - The area where players & coaches are imported or added manually, and then assigned to their teams (note - it's not a requirement of the site to add rosters, although adding coaches / team staff is recommended)
- Manage Site Content - This is where everything which is not rosters and not schedules is managed - things like news articles, events, sponsors, web pages, etc.
- Control Panel Home - This area just has some introductory tutorials and links to other MBSportsWeb sites to get "inspiration" from.
The MBSportsWeb Support Central site - http://support.mbsportsweb.ca
has many knowledge base articles available to help get started, or create a support ticket if the answer can't be found online.
The most efficient use of time, however, is to schedule a guided walk-through of the site with an MBSportsWeb sales representative. We can setup phone or screen-sharing sessions whenever you're available to showcase the features of the site and answer any specific questions as needed. Contact [email protected]
to get a personalized demonstration setup.
Thanks again for your consideration of MBSportsWeb!